Whether a fundraiser, artist’s reception, special exhibit or meeting, we have a flurry of activities year round. Please peruse the website for more information on what’s happening today and keep coming back for our latest additions to the events calendar!
The schedules for our 4th Saturday free movies or pot-luck dinner programs are available here. Movies are in odd-number months (January, ..) and dinners are in even-number months (February, …)
Movie Night at the Museum o International Cultures
- Jan. 26—film “I am MLK” Documentary film + scenes from “Selma” A meaningful, fresh look at Martin Luther King Jr’s life and impact. Inspiring, socially relevant, meaningful.
- March 23—film “The Judge” (Palestine) Documentary film about the first female Shari’a law judge in the Middle East. Dramatic and significant.
- May 27—film “The Intouchables” (France ) and “The Upside” (US) A buddy comedy-drama about a wealthy quadriplegic and the man who becomes his caregiver. Humorous, meaningful, inspiring.
- July 27—film “Changing the World, One Wall at a Time” (USA) A documentary feature film on one of the world’s largest street art and human rights campaigns, which raises awareness of education discrimination by Iran’s government against Baha’is and relates it to other forms of oppression such as racism.
- Sept. 27 — film “On the Basis of Sex” (US) Based on the true life story of Ruth Bader Ginsberg and her husband, who challenged the court system of this country to change laws based on gender discrimination. Exciting and moving.
- Nov. 24— film “The Breadwinner” + Scenes from “The Prophet” Animation Afghanistan is under the control of the Taliban. When her father is captured, a determined young girl disguises herself as a boy in order to provide for her family.
Cultural Dinner Nights at the Museum of International Cultures.
- Feb. 23—Brazil!
In the spirit of Carnival, come to celebrate this
distinctive culture! Bring and wear something
festive! Dance and music will be included.
- April 27—Israel
Celebrate the culture(s) of Israel and how it
offers a spiritual center for so many. Live music
and dance will be featured.
- June 22—France
Who can resist participating in a taste of
French cuisine and culture? Share your joie du
vivre with us as we “travel” to Paris and
- Aug. 24—Eastern Europe
How are we going to celebrate the cultures of Russia, the
Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Moldova,
Croatia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Slovenia, Slovakia,
Bulgaria, Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania,
Kosovo, Macedonia Bosnia and Herzegovina,? Come and
find out! Music and dance will be included!
- Oct. 26—The Philippines
We will experience cultural richness as we celebrate
this unique land and people! Surprises ahead!
- Dec. 14—Cameroon
This dinner will be on the second Saturday
instead of the fourth. Expect joy and
excitement! Bring drums! Come to dance!
Powered by Events Manager